Workman Compensation Claim Oregon
What to do if a Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied in Oregon?
Almost all employers in Oregon must carry workers’ compensation insurance. This insurance covers your medical expenses and your lost wages from a workplace related injury.
What to Do When Your Claim is Denied?
You have a right to ask for reconsideration of a denied Oregon Workmans’ compensation claim. It is essential to understand that the workers’ compensation board has very strict rules and time limits for appealing the reconsideration of a denied claim.
Oregon workers’ compensation cases are often complicated in nature and can be difficult to handle on your own if you the lack proper knowledge and experience. In such cases, you should hire an experienced attorney to represent you in the court of law.
* The attorney will prepare your appeal and file it within the given time
* They assess your physical injuries and prognosis, utilizing medical experts and physicians
* They will provide the proper documentation for the judge
* They will negotiate with the insurance company to get a higher compensation claim.
Common Reasons Why Workers’ Compensation Claims Are Denied
The insurance company could reject your claim if:
* The injury was not reported in time
* The claim was not filed in time
* The employer disputes the claim
* The injury is not compensable
* No medical treatment
* Insufficient evidence that the injury is work-related
* You intentionally hurt yourself.
* You were inebriated or using drugs that are not legally prescribed.
When Can a Workers’ Compensation Attorney Be Hired?
Hiring an attorney to represent you in a court of law depends on several factors. You can hire an attorney when:
* The claim was denied
* Your permanent disability rating is questioned
* A pre-existing condition complicates matters
* The insurance company is blocking you from getting medical treatment
* Other government benefits are affected
* The workers’ compensation hearing is a trial
Why hire Gary Borden, P.C?
You should consider hiring Gary Borden, P.C with his team of the best workers compensation attorneys in Oregon who understand the complexities of Oregon law and can help you navigate the appeal process if your appeal was denied. They have over 20 years of experience representing individuals who have suffered injuries during auto accidents or while on-the-job.